Track Power Sleepers
ControlIt Track Power Sleepers deliver electrical power to HO scale track in a discreet and dependable manner. A solid electrical and mechanical connection is assured - rails are soldered to the sleepers, wires are soldered into the holes.
ControlIt Track Power Sleepers have two pairs of holes, electrically separated from each other. Either pair of holes can be used for track power. The electrical connections from the holes to the rails are shown by white lines.
The two pairs of holes make these boards ideal for use at power separation points such as between DC blocks or DCC power districts, train detection sections, and at frogs, reversing loops and wyes. Where there are gaps the rail ends are supported by the circuit board underneath.
The 1mm (3/64") diameter holes are spaced to allow screw terminals (available separately) or connectors to be used instead of wires - handy for test and DCC programming tracks, fiddle yards and cassettes.
ControlIt Track Power Sleepers are rated to a maximum of 5 Amps current.
ControlIt Track Power Sleepers are suitable for a range of HO scale track. Sleeper dimensions and spacing have been scaled from the Data Sheets Trackwork Manual for the New South Wales Railways (Note: product dimensions may vary very slightly due to manufacturing tolerances). Individual solder points for the rails represent sleeper plates as used on the prototype. The finish applied to the boards restricts solder to the sleeper plate areas and holes, resulting in neat and durable joins.
Track Power Sleepers pricing:
- ACC-TPS: Pack of 1 pair (2 boards) - AUD $8.50
- ACC-TPS-10: Bulk pack of 10 pairs (20 boards) - AUD $80.50
- ACC-TPS-20: Bulk pack of 20 pairs (40 boards) - AUD $153.00
- ACC-TPS-T: Optional 2-Way screw terminal - AUD $1.25 each
Shipping costs: $7.00 shipping per pack to anywhere in Australia. Postage will be combined wherever possible.
(Shipping to some other countries is also possible, contact ControlIt for further information.)
To use the Track Power Sleepers:
- Remove the plastic sleepers from your track and insert the Track Power Sleepers in their place under the rails
- Solder the rails to the sleeper plate areas
- Place the Track Power Sleepers where they are to be located and mark where the holes for any wires are to be drilled. Drill holes in the baseboard suitable for the wire diameter.
- From the underside of the sleeper board, solder in your pair of track feeder or dropper wires. If the sleepers are being used where there is power separation, solder in any additional wires in the other holes.
- Feed the wires through the holes and fasten the track in place
- Using wire cutters, trim the ends of any wires protruding through the holes flush with the top of the sleepers. The flush cut wires can be tidied further by carefully filing them level with the sleeper with a small file. Unused holes can be filled with solder and filed smooth.
- Where the boards are used at an electrical separation point, cut the rail between the two middle sleepers, leaving the sleeper board uncut
- The sleepers can be painted after installation